(Source: ga-ea, via xroselieee)
- Sacramento’s new arena (top)
- Seattle’s planned arena (middle)
- Las Vegas's new arena (bottom)
All these arenas look amazing and enticing enough to land an NBA team… so if I was ‘Bill Gates rich’ I would relocate all of these teams & realign the division so they geographically make sense:
- 1st: Add 2 expansion teams at the same time so the association will reach full capacity with 32 teams, so the Seattle SuperSonics will be reborn & the Las Vegas Renegades will originate.
- 1st: Move the St. Louis Rams (58th largest city) to LA (2nd largest city)
- 2nd: Move the Jacksonville Jaguars (40th largest metro)to LA (2nd largest city) bc commissioner Roger Goodell said it would take 2 teams to satisfy a large city like LA.
- 3rd: Move the Buffalo Bills (73rd largest city) to Toronto (the largest city in all of Canada) bc its an irresistible market with more than 10x the population of Buffalo.
- It’s also worth considering relocating the Tampa Bay Bucs (53rd largest city) to San Antonio (7th largest city)
(and finally put to rest the rumor of relocating a NFL team to London… it’s utterly incomprehensible)
- And change the Washington Redskins name to the Washington Warriors bc “Redskins” is blatantly derogative towards Native Americans. I’m actually surprised they haven’t already changed it…
MLB: Adapt to the DH in the national league & realign the divisions so you benefit from your ‘cross-town-rival’
- 1st: The Oakland Athletics desperately need a new stadium bc O.co is the worst stadium out there.
- 2nd: The Tampa Bay Rays also need a new stadium to avoid relocating the franchise. Both teams deserve to stay put, especially with their exception play on the field.
- 1st: Move the Columbus Blue Jackets (40th largest metro) to Seattle (15th largest metro)
- 2nd: Move the St. Louis Blues to Quebec City bc hockey is religion in Canada, so its literally a guaranteed success, every time.
- 3rd: Move the Phoenix Coyotes to Milwaukee bc culturally they’re more of a hockey town than a NBA city, so right now its backwards… Milwaukee just desperately needs to build a new arena there ASAP. Hopefully they build something worthwhile…
- 4th: Move the Florida Panthers to Saskatoon, Canada bc it would put the NHL in every major province & with more than a million people living there - they would easily sellout every game.
- Finally, I would consider moving the Buffalo Sabres to Toronto (or a nearby suburb like Mississauga just as long as its not that old arena in Hampton! Toronto could easily support 2 teams.
MLS Expansion Teams: Over the next decades
I can see all of these actually happening & I hope they do - better sooner than later! After these 7 franchises relocate - I’ll be a huge proponent of not relocating anymore teams to solidify these divisions, but that’s only after these projections are realized…
Same goes for the Minnesota Vikings new stadium.
All glass roof. That’s gonna be nice af
Atlanta Falcon's new stadium is insanely awesome!
I think its fascinating what the worlds best architects can do when these professional sports team give them a billion dollars to play with… like a billion dollars could build the Empire State building. Twice.